Thursday, August 12, 2010

June 2010

So, June was a really fun month this year, and really busy as usual! Mike had his birthday and turned a whopping 33! These birthdays just keep coming faster and faster! Mike also attempted a garden this year. He did his research and has done a great job. The month also included my second half marathon. It was fun. I was much more prepared for it. I beat my time in January by over 20 minutes, finishing at 2 hours 9 minutes. Next time I hope to get under 2 hours. The following weekend Mike and I both ran the Ragnar Race. What this is is a relay race with a team of 12. You each run 3 legs. They vary in length and hardness. My legs had me go 19 miles. I think Mikes was about that too. Each team starts running on Friday till you finish which is usually Saturday afternoon. I think its about 188 miles total. I think Mike has ran this race 7 or 8 times. Being a new runner, this was my first year. I loved it. Was very tired when we got home but I can't wait for next year! :)
June also held our annual swim lessons in Soda Springs, mikes home town. It was so much fun to get all the sis-in-laws together and all the cousins. The kids had a blast...as well as us adults. I think the total was 4 adults and 15 kids. It was a full house, but a alot of fun. 
We also have been swimming lots! I think we are at the pool everyday or everyother.  

0 comments: