Monday, September 15, 2008

Triathalons

This was the Pineview Triathalon. His 1st one this year. (July) He signed up for 3 and is still looking for more to compete in. He did really well. There were so many people there. I don't remember exactly, but i know he placed in the top 30.
He was a little disapointed. He didn't know the exact route...so he saved alot of his energy...and so when he saw that he was near the finish...
he knew he could have done a lot better then he did.
I'm still proud of him. :) Next year...

This is the Bear Lake Triathalon. This was the first weekend in Sept. This was the 3rd Triathalon this year. The 2nd one he wasn't able to compete in. He ended up getting Mono this summer. He wasn't able to train for over a month. For this last triathalon he only trained a week. He didn't want to do it..cause he wanted to go for the gold on this one. I made him do it. He was very tired but still ran in at 15th place. A young 20 year old took 1st. Mike was only a couple minutes behind him.

2 comments:

Madsen Family said...

Oh my gosh I didn't know Michael did Triathalons! That's awesome, good for him! It looks like he did great.

Rupp Family said...

Wow Mike! I am quite impressed. I never thought my big brother would be so athletic!!!! Just kidding. Congrats...can't wait to see you at the olympics!